A mid-19th century percussion musket for the East India Company, with a 39" sighted barrel, the lock stamped with a lion rampant holding a crown, barrel numbered '1500' and further markings to the stock, with brown leather sling, overall length 139cm
Purchased in 1970, Sam Cawood, Mill St, Shrewsbury. By repute, it came following a clear-out of items from Chirk Castle (the Myddelton family being one of the first investors in the East India Company in 1599).
Section 58(2), obsolete calibre and can be owned without a licence.
Sold for £360